There are many helpful websites with information for nonprofit leaders, consultants and trainers specializing in capacity building, leadership coaching, funding sources, and board development. These are just a sampling of some of the ones we’ve found helpful:
- Blue Avocado - Jan Masaoka is a thought-leader for all of us working in and with nonprofit organizations. This website and newsletter is both practical and thought-provoking. Check out their “Nonprofit Tax Quiz”.
- boardnetUSA - This is a great way to extend your Board Development. The website connects individuals interested in serving on a board with nonprofits looking for new board members.
- California Association of Nonprofits – Great resource for policy and advocacy of nonprofit organizations within California.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy – This national publication is a fabulous place to learn the direction and focus of philanthropy. They provide information about donors, including recent major gifts, fundraising practices and trends of giving.
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services – This is THE place for leadership development within nonprofit organizations. They have everything from seminars, worksheets and even consulting services designed to enhance the skills and abilities of leaders.
- Foundation Center – This is a rich and valuable resource all about grantmakers and their grants. They have newsletters, blogs, workshops and a variety of other services. Totally worthwhile.
- GuideStar - GuideStar has a HUGE database of information including IRS tax filings from nonprofit organizations across the country.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review - This is a major think-tank on all levels of social innovation. Nonprofit organizations are only one of their many areas of interest.
- The non-profit resource center – Use this website to locate the IRS, OMB and FASB rules and regulations for nonprofit organizations. They have done a great job organizing the information for quick reference.